how-to-wear-a-maxi-style-challenge-grecian-1970-vintage-black-white-35inchinseam-1

how-to-wear-a-maxi-style-challenge-grecian-1970-vintage-black-white-35inchinseam-2

how-to-wear-a-maxi-style-challenge-grecian-1970-vintage-black-white-35inchinseam-3

how-to-wear-a-maxi-style-challenge-grecian-1970-vintage-black-white-35inchinseam-4

Dress: Vintage (belonged to my Grandmother). Belt: Banana Republic. Bag: Vintage. Watch: Skagen. Bracelet: Banana Republic. Necklace: Julie Vos (c/o)Sunglasses: Gucci. Shoes: Jill Stuart (via Beacon’s Closet).

Guess what folks, I was invited to join in on another style challenge and this week’s theme is all about how to wear a maxi. To be honest, maxi dresses and skirts are always something I have trouble with. Not because I don’t like them, it’s just that being 5’11” means they almost always end up looking like a midi or some strange in-between length on me. To add to that equation, I generally feel like I am wearing a tent in a maxi and being curvy doesn’t really help things in that department. That said, I really love this dress. It belonged to my grandmother, and even though I don’t have many places to wear it, this weird grecian 70’s dress will always have a place in my closet. Be sure to check out all the other bloggers participating in this week’s style challenge!

Voila!

And So It Goes

Fashion Addict

A Keene Sense of Style

Melanee

Everything Hauler

Laura Lily

bloglovin

12 Comments

1. Annick says: May 7, 2013 • 10:48:24

This looks amazing on you! I have the exact opposite problem than you when it comes to maxi dresses – I always have to find them in “petite” length or else I step all over the hem! Wish I had your long legs!

Love the shoes you paired with them too!

Just followed your blog and I’m excited to see what it will bring! :)

Bold Subtlety

2. elizabethkeene says: May 7, 2013 • 10:57:27

This vintage maxi dress is absolutely stunning! You styled it perfectly!

Xo
    Elizabeth

3. Charlotte says: May 7, 2013 • 14:09:03
  4. josep-maria says: May 8, 2013 • 08:43:06

I love the dress, the design is beautiful and also the color. I think it looks lovely and are very stylish and attractive with it. It is a magnificent inheritance. The jewelry will last a lifetime.

5. kitsune-kun says: May 8, 2013 • 08:45:16

very pretty!

6. Sincerely Sammie says: May 9, 2013 • 09:34:18

Okay…so this is how you do a maxi dress some justice! Love this on you. It’s gorgeous!

7. Lovely Links: 5/10/13 says: May 10, 2013 • 13:27:10

[…] This monochrome maxi is marvelous. As is this surprisingly on-trend high-slit vintage maxi. […]

8. Annette says: May 12, 2013 • 07:48:28

I can’t believe this dress belonged to your grandmother! It looks like the latest purchase from this season. You look awesome and I hope you will find many occasions wearing it this spring and summer.
    Perfect styling as well – your sandals are fabulous.

Annette
    Lady of Style
    now on Facebook

9. Mun says: May 14, 2013 • 06:26:46

The dress exudes old school glamour!

10. Jen @ Librarian for Life and Style says: May 19, 2013 • 13:18:54

WOW! This is an AWEsome maxidress, both on trend and classic. Love that it combines the easygoing feel of a caftan with a maxidress. AND it belonged to your grandmother! I showed this to my husband, and even he went, “WOW! Can you have one made for you?!” :D

11. Alexandra Bigley says: May 20, 2013 • 13:22:39

I love how you styled this absolutely stunning vintage piece with statement jewelry and a pop of color on the lips! Fantastic.

xx,
    Alex

12. Kate says: July 1, 2013 • 14:41:51

I’m with you, girl! I’m 5’11” myself and I have a really hard time finding maxi dresses that work for me. This one is so lovely and you look gorgeous!